SEND US YOUR CV
Baseline Telematics is an innovative and forward-thinking company that uses cutting-edge technology. We are continuously seeking passionate and dynamic members to join our team of experienced professionals. We offer opportunities for professional growth and development, and the chance to be a part of a team that possesses tremendous talent and offers invaluable mentorship.
An outstanding team synergy is important to us as we believe it is the principle building block of a solid foundation. Together we’ll work towards achieving our mission of reinventing the insurance industry!
We encourage all potential candidates to send us a CV for any of the following opportunities below.
- Interact with the front-office user community, as well as developers based in Montreal, Quebec (Canada) and Hyderabad (India)
- Provide architecture and design for the GUI, and related server components
- Provide technical oversight and code-review for offshore front end development activities
- Hands-on delivery of for complex Ui/Ux
- Good hands on experience in Ionic/Angular, UI technologies
- Strong communication skills
- Strong technical design skills
- Ability to work in agile kind of environment
- Solid Development experience with heavy Ionic/HTML/AngularJS focus
- Proven delivery of sophisticated web-based interaction models
- Ability to deliver high quality software with tight deadlines and geographically dispersed team
- Experience with build and test automation
- Come from a trading/finance background
- HTML: 3 years
- AngularJS: 3 years
We are looking for talented full stack developers who are interested in or thrive on the challenges of the startup environment and fast paced nature of projects. You will be part of a highly cross functional team working in an Agile environment using cutting-edge frameworks, developing high-availability and scalable web application, and APIs. You'll be part of the team responsible for bringing a solid experience in emerging as well as traditional technologies.
You will be What you’ll do:
- Perform hands-on coding of new solutions and maintenance/repair of existing code.
- Participate in low level design decisions and regular peer code reviews.
- Responsible for code documentation as well as regular status reporting to project managers
- Write unit tests and functional tests as well work closely with QA for bug resolution.
- Leverage your technical experience to help develop high-volume and high-traffic applications.
- Participate on R&D projects.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in building efficient, testable, and reusable PHP web applications
- Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges.
- Strong skills with MySQL server.
- Experience with other SQL/NoSQL databases (Postgres, MongoDB or others) a plus.
- Strong knowledge of PHP web frameworks (Silex, Laravel, Symfony, CakePHP, CodeIgniter, etc)
- Experience creating database schemas that represent and support business processes.
- Understanding of MVC design patterns.
- Strong knowledge of object oriented PHP programming.
- Strong knowledge of the common PHP or web server exploits and their solutions.
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system.
- Proficient understanding of GIT code versioning tool.
- Experience using agile development methodologies.
- Experience with Linux (an asset).
- Experience using Jira (an asset).
- Strong communication skills, oral and written (French and English)
- Availability for occasional travel (about 10%)
Reporting to the Software Director, you will be working within a highly cross functional team in an Agile environment on a product that is revolutionizing the insurance industry using cloud based technology.
Your responsibilities involve the development, execution, and automation of tests to ensure product quality. You will be quick to connect dots, and understand which test scenarios will add value by automating them. As our QA Specialist, you will estimate, plan, and lead testing activities. You must love playing with systems, breaking them and enjoy putting them back together. Our team is very smart and works hard, but we also know how to have fun.
You will be working with cutting-edge frameworks, testing high-availability and scalable web applications, mobile applications and APIs. You'll be part of the team responsible for bringing a solid experience in emerging as well as traditional technologies.
What you’ll do:
● Analyze requirements and design documents to understand our products.
● Develop and execute comprehensive and well-structured test plans and strategies to ensure quality.
● Conduct all levels of testing including regression, sanity, integration, acceptance, performance, stress testing for production and staging environments.
● Write automated tests (smoke, integration, system)
● Take ownership/responsibility for the product quality.
● Lead and oversee manual and automated testing efforts using open source tools
● Produce defect reports and constructive feedback to the developers and product owners and collaborate to improve the finished product
● Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities
● Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
● Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
What you need to be successful:
● 5+ years relevant experience with at least 3+ years in automation testing
● Proven working experience in web application development using REST or SOAP required.
● Strong knowledge of system testing best practices and methodologies
● Experience with test automation tools and methods (TDD, BDD, Selenium, Apache jMeter, etc)
● Experience with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.
● Knowledge of jUnit and phpUnit
● Knowledge of following management tools: Jira, Confluence
● Knowledge of Agile/Scrum
● Mobile application testing on Android and IOS (asset)
● Mandatory - You must master French language
- Available to travel (10%)
It’s a way for you to send Baseline Telematics your resume if a specific position isn’t currently available. It will be kept in our database for future selection processes. Our recruitment department will review it and directly contact you when your qualifications are applicable for a newly open position.